Monday, June 30, 2008

Jill Scott- How It make you feel?


If someone could pose a question and you can feel the answers radiate in your mind or it gives you something to think about then this person must have a powerful gift. If that person can now put those questions to a musical beat then this person is even more a gift to the world... because music is a haven to many. The song is directed to black men and what would they feel if all black women were gone. In any event these are the lyrics to the song.
How It Make You Feel by Jill Scott
Tell me how you feel if Iwas, if I was gone,tell me how you feel
Tell me how you feel if I was, if I was gone,tell me how you feel
What if I was gone forever?
No more chocolate kisses , No nappy dugout ever
No momma, no daughter, no sister,no, no sister friends
Tell me my brother what would become of you then?
What if POOF every black female in the world dissappeared?
Your man-child unattended lost with no one behind the steering wheel
Tell me how would that make you feel
(come on, come on) Let the sisters say
Tell me how you feel if I was, if I was gone, tell me how you feel
Tell me how you feel if I was, if I was gone, tell me how you feel
Your beautiful brown would be forever gone
With no more cocoa wombs to carry your brown on
You right there would be the last of your kind
Can you feel this song how does that affect your mind
Cuz if there was no me there'd be no you
Ohh Can you feel me is this song comin through
Thats the science in it but so much more intense
Reach into your soul for the answer
Reach where ever you need to, to find it.
Tell me how you feel if I was, if I was gone, tell me how you feel
Tell me how you feel if I was, if I was gone, tell me how you feel
Say you be tripping, say you pimping it,
Talking about how you "Da Man", what you are is something different
By-product of when "Massa"ruled your life, spreading babies everywhere
Couldn't think, couldn't care
But you can now, you can,you can
C'mon and man up damn it, Tell me how you'd feel?
No mamma,no daughter

No comments: