Friday, August 1, 2008

The Real Price Of Speech.....


If our flaws could be thrown on to a canvas.... and people spoke what they really thought.... would the world be a better place? I suspect that if people spoke in a blunt or plain manner, speaking their opinions and spitting out their feelings then my ego would suddenly shatter into many pieces. I can only speak for those that I know and have encountered; but when people say that the world is a cruel place I let it escape my mind, only to let the optimist in me shine through. I wouldn't let anyone bog me down with those kind of thoughts.I didn't want to think that maybe the only good that can come out of life must come out of you. Perhaps I was a bit jaded or maybe you could call it naive but what I've come to realize is that people find it hard to go about life without their negativities. They'd rather be melancholy, upset, mad, frightened, corrupted, rebellious and envious just because. I find that people make their own paths of worries, doubts and conspiracies even when there are none. I find that people think of the negatives before the positives when it comes to other people, items, differences in the world, judgement of character and anything else that is thought provoking. It's a spectacle to watch peoples faces turn sour and their noses turn up because of a difference in the way the day flows. If someone with an 'odd' sense of style came with in arms reach then we would have a facial expression and a thought pattern that reveals our disapproval, but if asked what they felt about differences then they'd exclaim "I accept people of all shapes and sizes and every walk of life." Well good for him or her to say but it isn't true. We all have our preferences and when it seems a bit taboo to speak up about said preference then we become the onlooker with a sour face.
If everyone spoke their mind and said what they felt like saying then would we all be better off? Perhaps not. we'd have out of the closet rascists, biggots, and two timers. We'd have passionate mean spirited people and people who liberate everything just because. We'd have crazy people who became millionaires for speaking their mind and the poor people would become rich and the rich would become angry because of the elite isn't so elite. Words are the life and the death of us. Our words cause arguements and wars, feuds and hatreds... words can of course help us but with so many negative minds I find that if they all were opened up and the truth of everyones thoughts were freed we'd find alot of chaos. Speech is free but we all no nothing is free. What we say now can be quite costly later maybe we should say "Speech is absolutely free with no money down and no interest until someone is hurt."
If everyone said what they honestly thought about you what would be left unsaid?

No comments: